Bus Service: Continental Trailways Bus Lines (326-1511).
Train Service: Amtrack service is available into Harrisburg, PA, approximately 70 miles south.
Taxi Service: Local taxi service is available at 322-2222.
New Inmates will be responsible for obtaining visiting forms from their Correctional Counselor and mailing them to each prospective visitor. The prospective visitor must return the forms directly to the Correctional Counselor. A check will be completed on all visitors to include immediate family members before being placed upon the approved visiting list. The list will be compiled by the Correctional Counselor after verifying that all listed persons are acceptable. Relatives and friends may be approved after certain checks are made. Requests for approval for these additional visitors should be made to the Counselor at least four weeks in advance of the intended visit. Holdover inmates will be limited to immediate family on their visiting list.
Special visits will be addressed via Inmate Request to Staff “Cop-Out” to their Unit Manager. Inmates housed in the Special Housing Unit will be allowed four (4) visitors and only be allowed to visit for a total of two (2) hours from the time the inmate arrives in the Visiting Room.
All visits will begin and end in the Visiting Room. Kissing, embracing, and handshaking are allowed only on arrival and departure. Inmates must be properly dressed in order to be admitted to the Visiting Room. Clothing must be neat and clean. Khaki shirts, khaki trousers, white undershirt and institution issued work shoes are the only attire (with the exception of inmates in the Special Housing Unit) authorized for wear into the visiting room. The only items an inmate may have in his possession when entering or departing the Visiting Room are a comb, wedding band, prescription eyeglasses and religious medal. Visitors must also be properly dressed, this is addressed in the Visiting Room information for the inmate to mail to visitors. Copies are available from the Correctional Counselor. Inmates are not permitted to exchange items with visitors in the Visiting Room or retain to bring into the institution any coins or items purchased in the Visiting Room.
Visitors are permitted to bring a reasonable amount of money into the Visiting Room to purchase items from the vending machines. It is strongly suggested this be in the form of coins as paper money does not work in the vending machines provided. Institutional Supplement, Visiting Regulations, Attachment #1 is specific for list of authorized items a visitor may bring into the Visiting Room. Inmates are not permitted to receive any type of money or draft for their commissary account while in the Visiting Room. Visitors who are unable to clear the walk-through metal detector will be denied entrance. If a visitor has a medical condition that will cause them not to clear the walk-through metal detector, medical documentation will be required and a hand-held metal detector will be utilized.
Visitor Rules and Information
2. All persons authorized to visit at this facility must abide by all institution rules. NO PERSON MAY VISIT UNLESS HE/SHE HAS BEEN APPROVED IN ADVANCE AND DOCUMENTED AS VISITORS ON THE INMATE’S VISITING LIST. AN INMATE’S VISITING LIST IS NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION, THEREFORE ANY CALLS PERTAINING TO A VISITING LIST CANNOT BE ANSWERED.
All visitors must carry picture identification (such as a valid Driver’s License, current passport with photo, alien identification card with photo) in order to be admitted to the Visiting Room. An authorized form of identification is a document with the visitor’s photograph and signature.
3. Children under sixteen (16) years of age must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian. Children sixteen (16) years of age and over MUST fill out a visitors form and have it sent to the respective Counselor. The number of visitors an inmate may visit is limited to five. Infants who are two years of age and under will not be encompassed in the total of five visitors. Each child over the age of two will be considered as one of five authorized visitors. Allowance of more than five visitors requires prior approval from their respective Unit Manager. Adults will maintain control of their children at all times.
4. Sandwiches, soft drinks and candy are available from vending machines in the Visiting Room. Food or drinks will not be permitted to be brought in from outside the institution. Visitors may purchase food for the inmate, but may never give the inmate money.
5. Visitors are not permitted to bring any type of photographic equipment on institution grounds.
6. Large purses or tote bags are not permitted inside the institution. Only a small clear change purse is authorized.
7. Allowable baby items are as follows: 3 diapers, 2 plastic baby bottles containing formula 3/4 full, 1 sealed plastic jar of baby food, 1 empty plastic baby bottle, 1 plastic serving spoon, 1 small clear plastic tote bag for contents, 1 plastic ziploc bag containing baby wipes.
8. Games or toys will not be permitted into the visiting area. Video cassettes will be available at the institution for childrenâ€™s viewing. Newspapers, magazines, clippings, photos, etc. will not be permitted. NO make-up inside the institution at any time.
9. This is a smoke free facility, therefore, visitors are not authorized to bring any tobacco products into the institution or visiting room.
10. ALL visitors will be dressed in an appropriate manner and in good taste. You are entering a CORRECTIONAL SETTING, and this is a requirement. Any visitor who arrives provocatively dressed, will be denied the privilege of visiting. Inmates will inform visitors prior to visiting, that clothing MUST be appropriate for an institution setting and should not demonstrate disrespect to others who may be present in the visiting room. All visitors must be fully attired, including shoes. Visitors are to refrain from wearing apparel which is revealing or suggestive. Shorts, dresses or skirts which reveal any part of the buttocks or crotch area, see-through blouses/dresses, halter tops, midriff tops, strapless tops/dresses and spandex style clothing WILL NOT be permitted. Religious headgear may be worn. However, all headgear will be searched prior to entering the Visiting Room. No handwear is permitted unless the handwear is religious. Visitors are permitted to wear gray colored sweat wear. Visitors will not be permitted to wear a combination of pants and shirts that resemble the khaki colored inmate uniform.
11. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A VISITOR BE ALLOWED TO VISIT UNLESS THEY HAVE CLEARED THE METAL DETECTOR. Undergarments containing metal (i.e. under wire bra) could activate the metal detector and may need to be removed, HOWEVER UNDERGARMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION. Persons having metal plates or prosthetic devices must have written documentation from a doctor.
12. Prospective inmate visitors will be randomly tested using the Ion scan machine (Drug Detection), located in the front lobby. Any positive test results will result in denial of visitation.
13. Once a visitor has been checked into the institution, they will not be permitted to return to their automobile or leave the visiting area. If this occurs, the visit will be terminated.
14. Visitors will not be permitted to wear flip flops.
15. THE VISITING ROOM IS A PUBLIC PLACE AND CHILDREN ARE NORMALLY PRESENT. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO CONDUCT YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY. HANDSHAKING, EMBRACING AND KISSING ARE ORDINARILY PERMITTED WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF GOOD TASTE AND ONLY AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF THE VISIT. BEHAVIOR DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE VISIT, AND POSSIBLE LOSS OF FUTURE VISITS. NO EXCEPTIONS!