Location / Directions
Traveling east from New York, on I-84, take Exit 5.
Traveling west from Hartford on I-84, take Exit 6.
A bus depot is located in downtown Danbury
Taxi service is available for transportation to the institution.
The address for the FCI and FPC is:
33 ½ E. Pembroke Rd.
Danbury Ct., 06811
Phone: (203) 743¬6471.
Visiting / Visitas
allowed to visit. Inmates are responsible for notifying their visitors when they are approved to visit. See your Counselor for details.
Due to limited space in the visiting room, a maximum of three (3) adults are permitted during each inmate visit.
The following clothing apparel is inappropriate for inmate visitors:
(1) see through blouses; (2) short-shorts (must be half-way down the thigh); (3) short mini-skirts or dresses (must be half¬way down the thigh); (4) tight strength pants or shorts (no spandex type); (5) halter or tube tops; (6) midriff clothing exposing the abdomen area; (7) tan khaki clothing cannot be worn by female visitors; (8) white or grey sweat suit; and (9) any clothing apparel to be provocative in nature. Visiting may be revoked if rules are violated.
Visiting is conducted on an odd/even basis on the weekends. The fifth digit of the register number is used to determine odd/even visiting days. Inmates with an odd fifth digit may visit on odd dates. Inmates with an even fifth digit may visit on even dates.
Visiting hours are:
|Monday||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m||No Visiting|
|Tuesday||No Visiting||No Visiting|
|Wednesday||No Visiting||No Visiting|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||No Visiting|
|Friday||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||No Visiting|
|Saturday||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|Holidays||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.|
Cada presa puede someter una lista de visitantes adultos a su equipo de asesoria y supervisión correspondiente (TEAM) para que sea aprobado, consulte a su cnsejero para mas detalles. Para permitir la vísita, todo VIsitante debe someterse a una investigación antes de ser aprobado.
El siguiente vestuario es INAPROPIADO PARA LOS VISITANTES DE LAS PRESAS: (1) Blusas transparentes. (2) Shorts (deben ser a la mitad del muslo). (3) Minifaldas o vestidos cortos (debe ser a la mitad del muslo). (4) Pantalones o shorts ajustados (tipo Lycras). (5) Blusas pegadas al cuerpo. (6) Ropa que exponga el área del abdomen. (7) Las mujeres visitantes no se aceptan vistiendo ropa de color khaki. (8) Trajes de color gris o blanco y (9) Cualquier otra ropa de carácter provocativo.
Si usted no cumple las reglas de la vísitas se han organizado de acuerdo a los números pares e impares. Para determinar sus días de visita se usara el quinto dígito de su número de registro; las presas con el quinto dígito par, recíbiran visita los días pares; las presas con el quinto dígito impar, recíbiran vísitas los días impares.
Las horas de la vísita son:
|FCI||FPC||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|Lunes||No hay visita||No hay visita|
|Martes||No hay visita||No hay visita|
|Miercoles||No hay visita||No hay visita|
|Jueves||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||No hay visita|
|Viernes||8:30 a.m.-3:00.p.m.||No hay visita|
|Sabado||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||8:30 a.m.-3:00|
|Domingo||8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||8:30 a.m.-3:00|
|Dias de Fiesta||8:30a.m.-3:00 p.m.||8:30 a.m.-3:00|
Identification / Identificacion
Por favor triaga una identificacion adecuada. Esta puede ser una licencia de cinducir actualizada, un pasaporte, una tarjeta estatal de identificacion o dos formas de identificacion con foto, nombre completo y firma. A los visitantes no se les permitera entrar sino tienen una identificacion apropiada.
Children / Los Ninos
In an effort to maintain a high degree of hygiene and sanitation, visitors are required to utilize the changing tables in the washroom area for all diaper changes.
Los ninos menores de diezyseis(16) anos se les permitire entrar a la visita si estan acompanados por un adulto responsable quien debe estar aprobado en la lista de visitas de la reclusa. Los ninos deben ser controlados considerando que hay otros visitantes y no se les permitira estar solos mas alla del area immediata de la visita. Los ninos de dieciseis anos o mayores deben estar en la lista aprobada de visitas de la reclusa. En un esfuerzo para mantener un alto grado de higiene y aseo, los visitantes deben usar para cualquier cambio de panales las mesas disenadas para cambio de panales las mesas disenadas para cambio de panales que se encuentran en el area de los lavamanos.
Inmate visitors will be processed into the Visiting Room until 2:15 p.m. visiting days. Inmate visitors arriving after 2:15p.m., will be informed that the inmate will not be available for a visit. On Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays, visitors will not be processed into the Visiting Room between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., or until the 10:00 a.m. count clears.
Inmate visitors requesting to leave the Visiting Room may only do so prior to, or after the official count. Once the Visiting Room count has been prepared, no other inmates or visitors will be processed until the count has been cleared.
Visiting Restrictions and Overcrowding
Number of Visitors
Identification of Visitors
It is the responsibility of the inmate to advise her visitors that they have been approved to visit. An individual should be placed on the approved list after investigation from the usual sources, i.e., Presentence Investigation Report, U.S. Probation Officer, Local Law Enforcement Agencies and individuals concerned, etc. Except for immediate family, visitors will not ordinarily be placed on more than one inmate’s approved visiting list.
Members of Immediate Family
Friends and Associates
Persons with Criminal Records
Former Inmates of the Institution and Relatives of Other Inmates
Holdovers and New Commitments
Special Housing Unit
The Warden has the authority to deny visiting privileges in the Visiting Room to an inmate housed in the Special Housing Unit. This denial must be based upon security concerns and documented in the inmate’s Special Housing Unit file. These inmates will be authorized to have a one-hour supervised visit in the Special Housing Unit. The visits will be conducted in the Disciplinary Hearing Room. A member of the inmate’s unit staff will provide supervision of these visits. The inmate must be provided the opportunity to contact her approved visitors and notify them of this restriction.
Injuries to Visitors
Official Visiting List
Amendments to the visiting list will be prepared by the Correctional Counselor. Inmates desiring a change will submit an Inmate Request to a Staff Member Form with the appropriate information. Approved changes will be added to the visiting list by the Counselor as soon as possible after receipt of the BPA 0629 and the BP-311, Request for Conviction Information. Inmates will be allowed to update their visiting list once every thirty (30) days through their assigned unit team.
Staff will request information from potential visitors who are not members of the inmate’s immediate family. A background check must be conducted prior to placement on the approved visiting list.
If a background investigation is necessary before approving a visitor, the inmate is responsible for mailing the Release form to the proposed visitor. This form must be signed and returned to staff by the proposed visitor, prior to any further action concerning the visit.
Unit Teams will notify the inmate of each approval or disapproval of a requested person for the visiting list. Upon approval of each visitor, unit staff will provide the inmate with a copy of the “Visiting Guidelines” including directions for transportation to and from the institution. The inmate is responsible for notifying the visitors of the approval or disapproval to visit and shall provide the approved visitors with a copy of the “Visiting Guidelines.”
On occasion, an inmate visitor’s application, or a subsequent NCIC check may reveal information that would cause disapproval of the request. If such information is found, the original request, NCIC printout and memorandum explaining the request for denial will be forwarded through the appropriate Unit Manager to the Associate Warden of Programs for review and final decision. After the final decision is made, the packet will be placed into the inmate’s Central File, and the inmate we be told that the visitor’s will not be placed on inmate’s visiting list. No information from the application or subsequent checks can be revealed to the inmate.
Unit management staff are to ensure assigned inmates have a current hard copy of the approved visiting list maintained in the front lobby in the event the Computer Visiting Program is unavailable.
- Attorney visits will ordinarily take place during regular visiting hours. However, dependent upon the nature and urgency of the legal matter involved, the frequency of such visits will not be limited, if approved in advance by the Unit Manager. The Unit Team will be responsible for arranging supervision of the attorney visit, when it is held outside of normal visiting hours.
- Before an attorney will be placed on an inmate’s approved visiting list, a written request from the inmate must be submitted to the Unit Manager for approval, a minimum of two working days prior to the first proposed visit.
- The institution and the Bureau of Prisons reserve the right to refuse admission to attorneys who fail to comply with regulations or who seek to exploit inmates. If there is any question about the identity or his/her qualification as an attorney in good standing, the matter should be referred to the Regional Counsel.
- Attorneys will be subject to a search of their person and belongings to determine if contraband is present. They will also be required to read and sign a “Notification to Visitor” Form and a “Visiting Attorney Form.”
- Attorney visits at the FCI will take place in the Visiting Room in the Attorney/Client Room. At the FPC the chapel has been designated as the Attorney/Client Room. If these areas are occupied, the visit will take place in the normal visiting area, provided the Attorney and inmate have a degree of separation from other visitors.
- Tape recordings may be used by the attorney during the course of the visit. Tape recorders will be provided by the Education Department through the Unit Manager.
- Visits by attorneys from countries outside of the United States require approval from the Department of Justice prior to the visit taking place.
- Any immediate grievances or concerns an attorney may have concerning his/her client which are deemed appropriate to respond to during the visit should be referred to the Camp Administrator, Unit Manager or Duty Officer.
- Attorneys will visit only one inmate at a time, unless prior approval has been obtained from the Unit Manager, or the Duty Officer after normal duty hours. The only exception to this would be if litigation involves more than one (1) inmate. Supervision for these visits will be provided by the inmate’s Unit Team during non visiting hours.
Law Enforcement Interviews
Clergy, Former or Prospective Employers, Sponsors, and Parole Advisors
The following processing procedures apply to ministers of record and clergy:
- Minister of Record. An inmate wanting to receive visits from his or her minister of record must submit a written request to the Chaplain. Upon approval, unit staff will add the name and title (minister of record) to the inmate’s visitor list. An inmate may only have one minister of record on his/her visiting list at a time. The addition of the minister of record will not count against the total number of authorized regular visitors an inmate is allowed to have on his or her visiting list.
- Clergy. Visits from clergy (other than the minister of record) will be in accordance with the general visitor procedures.
Ordinarily, clergy visits will not be accommodated unless requested by the inmate. However, the Chaplain may approve a visitation request initiated by the clergy if the inmate wishes to visit with the clergy.
Clergy/minister of record visits will be accommodated in the visiting room during regularly scheduled visiting hours and, to the extent practicable, in an area of the visiting room which provides a degree of separation from other visitors. If a private area is not available, the visit may be rescheduled.
The Warden may establish a limit to the number of minister of record and clergy visits an inmate receives each month, consistent with available resources. However, during times of personal or family emergencies, an inmate will be authorized a visit from his or her minister of record. Refer to the Program Statement on Religious Beliefs and Practices for additional information regarding minister of record and clergy.
Violation of Regulations / Introduction of Contraband
If a visit is terminated because of a violation of regulations, the Officer identifying the violation of regulations will prepare and submit an incident report on the inmate involved. The Lieutenant on duty at the time of the violation will interview the outside visitor(s) involved and attempt to obtain a written, signed statement to be included in the investigative information of the incident report. Refusal by the visitor to cooperate in the interview and to provide the written statement will be documented and submitted to the Captain.
Termination of a Visit
Visitors will be allowed to bring one small clear plastic change purse containing authorized items into the visiting room.
Individual secured lockers are available to visitors to store unauthorized items.
Visiting privileges may be denied when a controlled or closely supervised visit is not possible. This denial must be approved by the Warden. Denied visits must be documented on the “Inmate Visitor Denial Form.”
Handshaking, embracing and kissing will be permitted ONLY at the beginning and at the end of the visit. Physical contact, to include hand-holding, is not permitted during the visit. No food, beverage or any other items considered to be contraband maybe brought into the Visiting Room from outside the institution. Any breach of rules will be sufficient grounds for the immediate termination of the visit. Repeated violations of the personal contact regulations may be cause for the removal of a particular visitor from the inmate’s approved visiting list.
Visitors must dress appropriately and avoid clothing styles that are suggestive. See-through garments and garments that expose private parts of the body will not be permitted to be worn in the Visiting Room. The wearing of shorts and/or halter tops by adult visitors is strictly prohibited. A visit may be terminated in order to maintain good taste and consideration for others in the visiting room.
Inmates are required to wear their institution issued khaki clothing and black shoes in the Visiting Room at the FCI and FPC. Inmates are permitted to wear a white t-shirt or long underwear under their khaki clothing. Inmates are required to have their khaki shirts tucked inside their pants. The only items permitted into the Visiting Room are one comb, one plain wedding band, one religious medallion, one hairclip, one pair prescription eyeglasses and case, photo tickets and legal papers. Legal papers will only be permitted with the written approval of a Unit Team member. No makeup will be permitted into the Visiting Room.
No loud, boisterous talk or profane language will be allowed inside the Visiting Room.
Mothers must discipline their children without hitting, yelling or other forms of physical or emotional abuse.
The following Forms will be used and maintained in the inmate’s visiting folder:
- An Official Inmate Visiting List with the inmate’s current photograph attached to the upper right-hand corner of the inmate’s visiting folder.
- Perpetual Visiting Record.
- Inmate Visitor Denial Form.
- Notice of Visiting Violation.
Only inmates authorized by the Visiting Room Officers are allowed in the child visiting area. Constant observation is required of visits occurring in the child area. Inspections should determine that the visits are being conducted in an acceptable manner. Children should be controlled to the extent of consideration for other visiting groups and not permitted to wander from the immediate area, run about the Visiting Room, or create noise that disturbs other visits. Failure to control children or excessive use of disciplinary measures will result in termination of the visit.
A search of each inmate is required at the beginning and at the end of a visit. All inmates entering the Visiting Room will do so through the inmate search room. All inmates will be pat searched by a same gender staff member and screened with a handheld metal detector prior to entering and exiting the Visiting Room. At no time will an inmate be allowed to enter the Visiting Room through any other entrance nor will an inmate be allowed to gain entrance to the Visiting Room without being searched. All inmates entering or departing the Visiting Room will be identified by the use of the inmate identification card. A visual search will be performed on all inmates at the FCI prior to leaving the Visiting Room. FPC inmates will be randomly picked for visual searches prior to leaving the Visiting Room. Searches and shakedowns will be conducted out of view of visitors and in privacy.
In no instance will the Visiting Room Officer accept articles or gifts of any kind for an inmate. Hobby craft, art items, etc., will not be given to visitors by inmates.
At the FCI, restroom facilities for visitors are located near the Visiting Room. Inmates will utilize the restroom located in the Shakedown Room, under direct visual supervision of a female Visiting Room Officer. Inmates will receive a thorough pat search prior to being allowed to use this restroom. Visitors at the FPC will use the facilities located within the Visiting Room. Camp inmates will utilize the inmate restroom under the observation of a female staff member.