Recreation, and Leisure Programs
Hobby craft Programs and Materials
Sports and Musical Equipment
FCI Photo Program
I. In order to take a group photo, the inmate paying for the photo voucher for the picture must submit a cop-out to the recreation
specialist listing all participants prior to 3:00 p.m. on the group photo picture day.
2. Each individual in a group photo must sign a waiver, or he will not be permitted in the photo.
3. All backdrops used will be authorized by the recreation supervisor.
4. Clothing is mandatory and will be worn in the manner designed: No torn or altered clothing; pant legs will not be rolled up;
and only authorized head gear. No obscene gestures will be permitted.
5. No hand signs of any type will be displayed.
6. Ifhats are worn, they must be kept straight and forward.
7. No pictures will be permitted with support shorts showing. (Clothing cannot have any insignia or art work on it.)
8. Hobby craft projects cannot be taken with the inmate, nor will retakes be authorized.
9. No pictures will be authorized with reading material.
10. Pictures will be taken during the following hours in the recreation entryway only:
Friday evenings: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (completed hobby craft)
Saturday evenings: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (individual photos)
Sunday evenings: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (group photos)
Picture retakes will only be authorized by the recreation supervisor or hislher designee. Reasons for retakes will be limited to the
1. Discoloration of picture.
2. Scratch on the negative causing a line or distortion of the picture.
3. Picture is so dark that the person cannot be identified.
Recommendations: For a good, clean photograph, a picture should be taken from the waist up. An entire body exposure takes the
flash further away, thus not allowing the flash to light up the facial features.
The following rules apply to taking pictures in the visiting room: No inmate group pictures will be permitted, excluding family
relations or authorized visitors.
1. No spouse or significant others are permitted to sit on your lap.
2. Inmates are not permitted to take photos with another’s visitors, nor will the visitors be permitted to take pictures
with another inmate’s visitors.
3. No obscene body gestures or moves, (i.e., hands in pants).
4. No hand signs of any type will be permitted.
5. No kissing or deep embrace hugging is permitted in photos, only a face-to-face with 1 inch of space in
between; the inmate is permitted to put the arm over the visitor’s shoulders provided both hands are in full view of
6. Inmates taking pictures with large visitor groups will be in the front and to the side with both hands in full view.
7. Groping or deep embracement of your spouse or significant other will not be permitted.
8. Clothing will be worn in the manner designated.
9. Pictures will only be taken in the designated areas.
10. Inmates are responsible for their visitors and must insure that the visitors are following the rules.
11. Small children under the age of 10 are allowed to sit on the lap or to be held in your arms during a photo.
Pictures will be taken in the visiting room during the following hours: Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
No pictures will be authorized to be taken which is not outlined in these rules. Pictures are to be taken in good taste. A family
oriented setting is appropriate. Any picture deemed inappropriate or which violates any of the above rules will be confiscated, and
the individual responsible will face disciplinary action.