A-East: Saturday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday 9:30 a.m. – 11 :30 a.m. (1 hr)
A-West: Sunday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Friday 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (1 hr)
B-Unit: Work Cadre: Saturday (B-WEST) Sunday (B-EAST) 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (1 hr)
Monday and Thursday No Visits
Tuesday 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (4 hours)
Wednesday 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday 5:00 p.rn. – 7:00 p.m. (2 hours)
C-East: Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 11 :30 a.m.
C-West: Monday 9:30 a.m.- 11 :30 a.m. Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
D-East: Sunday 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
D-West: Monday 12:00 p.m – 3:00 p.m. Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 11 :30 a.m.
E-East: Sunday 12:00 p.m – 3:00 p.m. Friday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
E-West: Tuesday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Saturday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
F-East: Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
F-West: Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
G-East: Sunday 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Friday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
G-West: Tuesday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturday 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
• Monday from 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.-Reserved for Legal Visits only
• Inmates assigned to Special Housing Unit will have social visits on Mondays between the hours of7:00 a.m. -9:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m., only for one (1) hOUf. These visits will be conducted in the visiting room, unless otherwise instructed. There will be no social visiting on weekends. Minors are not allowed in the Special Housing Unit.
All visitors are expected to wear appropriate attire when in the institution. No bare feet will be all allowed, except for infants. The following items are strictly prohibited:
Shorts of any length ( except for children up to age 7)
Sleeveless garments ( except for children up to age 7)
Sweat pants, sweat shirts, sun dresses, leotards, wrap around skirts, crop tops, low cut blouses, zippered dresses/shirts, button down dresses/skirts or low cut dresses.
Halter tops, bathing suits or backless tops.
Hats, caps, headbands, head scarfs, hooded garments, wigs, hairpieces and sunglasses.
Spandex pants, tights or clothing with revealing holes.
No extra clothing, outer garments, overcoats, jackets or windbreakers.
Any clothing similar to that issued to staff or inmates (Khaki, orange, green military fatigue, and plain white t shirts) or staff uniforms.
Any type of garment that is see through. Under garments and brassieres are required.
Clothing that is tight and sexually suggestive or revealing; Any other clothing item (s) determined to be inappropriate by staff which would interfere with the orderly running of the institution will not be permitted.
DIRECTIONS FROM HIGHWAY 836 TO THE FEDERAL DETENTION CENTER:
* Stay on 836 East, pass the toll plaza, continue straight when 95 splits off. 836 East will tum into 395 to Beaches.
* Take 395 to the very first left exit (2nd Ave), pass the 95 exit.
* Make a right at the bottom of the exit ramp onto NE 2nd Ave.
* Make a right on NE 6th St., go two blocks, then make a left onto N. Miami Ave.
* The institution will be on the corner of N. Miami Ave.& 4th St.
* There are several public parking lots available within walking distance to the institution at a minimal charge.The following information is to assist visitors in locating and procuring transportation to and from the Federal Detention Center in Miami. FDC, Miami is located in downtown Miami on the comer of NE Fourth Street and N Miami Avenue.
I. Taxicabs: There are numerous taxicab companies serving the Miami Dade area. Below is a list of several taxicab companies:
Eights Cab 888-8888
Kendall Taxi 388-8888
Lakes Cab 820-3333
Miami Beach 899-9999
Central Cab 532-5555
Key American 361-1355
2. Airlines: Miami is served by several major airlines. Miami International Airport is located approximately 7 miles west of downtown Miami.
US Air 800-842-5374
3. Bus service: Greyhound has a bus station located at 700 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Telephone information can be reached at: 305-374-7222 and in Spanish at: 800-531-5332.